Best ChatGPT Alternatives
ChatGPT has become a useful tool for many people around the world. The user base is growing fast peace, however, if you are not able to use ChatGPT in your country because OpenAI services are not available in your country or for any other reason and looking for a ChatGPT alternative, here I am going to share the best ChatGPT alternatives.
It is the fastest any app/tool touched this milestone in such a quick time.
ChatGPT can perform various tasks. Whether you need help with college assignments or want suggestions for your new startup.
Whether you want a Title suggestion for an article, create an e-book, or even need help with getting a piece of code written in any programming language, ChatGPT can perform all these smoothly.
Why Look for ChatGPT Alternatives?
ChatGPT is undoubtedly one of the best AI-powered chatbots currently and no other tool can really replace it but there are instances when one has to look for the ChatGPT alternatives.
For example, if you are living in a country where OpenAI services are not available or in a country where ChatGPT was accessible at first but later it was banned, such as Italy.
Also, ChatGPT has a large user base and it runs out of service, specially during peak hours, you’ll have to wait till the service is restored.
You probably will look for a ChatGPT alternative if you don’t want to wait.
So there could be several reasons why you will look for ChatGPT Alternatives.
What ChatGPT Can be Used for?
ChatGPT can be used to perform various tasks but only those that have to do in text format.
Bearing in mind, that ChatGPT generates text-based responses, the users can use it to create an e-book with proper headlines, get help in completing a school assignment,s, etc.
While Business owners can ChatGPT to generate a Unique Business Name for their business, the digital marketer can use ChatGPT for a lot of different purposes such as generating blog post titles, outlining blog posts, creating Google/Facebook ads headings & sub-headings, generating keywords, etc.
The social media influence can take ChatGPT help to create posts and content for Instagram posts/Facebook groups etc.
ChatGPT can also be used by programmers to generate unique pieces of code to perform different tasks in any programming language.
In fact, a person who doesn’t have any coding language can use ChatGPT to have a piece of code written with just simple text instructions.
Best ChatGPT Alternatives
Here are the best ChatGPT alternatives to checkout.
BingAI- My Choice for ChatGPT Alternatives
One of the closest alternatives to ChatGPT is BingAI. BingAI is Microsoft’s Chatbot that answers all queries whatever one throws at it.
It is powered by ChatGPT 4, a more powerful tool than ChatGPT 3.5. Microsoft decided to integrate it with its Bing search engine after the company invested $10 billion in OpenAI; the company that has created the widely popular, ChatGPT.
BingAI is more powerful in a way that it can be used for getting information on current affairs as well, unlike ChatGPT 3.5.
We all know that ChatGPT’s knowledge is limited till November 2021, that’s the cut-off date beyond which ChatGPT wouldn’t be able to answer any related question.
But BingAI could answer all the questions, be it on current topics or old ones.
BingAI works well with the Edge browser. So in order to use it, you might have to install Edge browser if your computer doesn’t have one.
The company has updated the Edge browser with “Chat” and “Compose” chat boxes wherein the user can type their queries and the search engine comes up with the results.
Main features of BingAI:
- Neat & Clean Design.
- User-friendly. You just have to go to the tool on the Edge browser and type your query.
- You can type your query in up to 1000 words. It means you can tell the search engine what exactly you are looking for utilizing this 1000-word limit.
- Along with answers, the auto-suggestion tool for follow-up queries is pretty helpful.
- Able to answer complex queries as well with accuracy and quickly.
Google Bard is yet another close alternative to ChatGPT, but not as good as ChatGPT. Also, it is not available in many countries.
Google Bard is as defined by Google is an experimental conversational AI tool that used to work on their own LaMDA technology and able to draw results from different sources.
Now, it is powered by PaLM 2 technology and become far better than the one used by LaMDA technology before.
It works on large language models and can answer complex queries as well.
Google is known for the cutting-edge technology used for its products be it Google Search, Pixel Phone, or Bard.
With this AI-powered Tool, Google is surely going to leave a great impact in the field of artificial intelligence.
Main features of Google Bard:
- It can take voice inputs.
- It can work in a conversational form.
- Google Bard can generate responses in images for text-based queries.
- Use images as prompts to get more tailored responses. Google Lens will come in handy to perform this task.
- Share & Save responses on Google Docs and Gmail.
- It is powered by Google’s Latest PaLM 2 technology.
If you are a person who needs to generate a lot of content, ChatSonic is the best ChatGPT alternative because it provides more up-to-date information. It works on NLP technology and can answer all your queries in text format as well as an image.
ChatSonic is an AI-powered tool and is a part of WriteSonic’s suites.
ChatSonic is more efficient than the ChatGPT free version, however, it is not free to use.
The trial offers up to 10000 words before you mandatorily have to purchase a paid plan to continue to use it.
For the paid plan subscription, you’ll have to pay $12/month.
Main Features of ChatSonic:
- Easy user-interface.
- Built-in plagiarism checker to check the uniqueness of the response.
- Pre-built templates to get better responses.
- Able to integrate with Google Docs, WordPress, etc.
- API is available.
Jasper.AI is yet another great ChatGPT alternative that is good for people who need to generate a lot of content.
For example, freelance content writers.
Jasper is an AI tool that takes input in text format and comes up with neat, up-to-date content.
It has pre-built response templates that one can use to generate the content in a proper format.
The content generated by Jasper is engaging and helps marketers improve the conversion rate.
Main features of Jasper.AI
- More than 50 built-in templates to generate proper content.
- The ability of Continuous conversations.
It is a great alternative but not as good as ChatGPT in my view. This AI-powered search engine can generate up-to-date responses that are taken from hundreds of different sources on the web.
Not just that, it also provides references to the sources where the information is collected so that you can go to the source and verify the results.
The results are ad-free and free from trackers that use your information to serve tailored ads.
Neeva.AI is not a free tool the user must have to purchase $5.99/month plan to use it.
Main Features of Neeva.AI:
- Ad-free search responses.
- Responses are given a link to referred sources.
You.com has introduced Youchat, an AI chatbot on their search engine that offers a human-like chat experience. It works on an upgraded large language model on ChatGPT.
The users are allowed to send a query in messaging form and responses are generated which are easily understandable by humans.
It can generate accurate and up-to-date results.
This Chatbot can be used through a website or on a mobile phone.
Main features of YouChat:
- Accept voice as input.
- It learns from the user’s input and provides tailored responses.
- It can be integrated with chat messengers like WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
Limitations of ChatGPT
ChatGPT is undoubtedly one of the best AI chatbots that is making waves these days for its amazing features and powerful technology.
Yet, it has certain limitations.
- No Up-to-date information– ChatGPT is trained up to November 2021, which means, if you ask questions about an event that happened after November 2021, it will not be able to answer it. This limitation somehow disappoints users. Although the company is planning to announce ChatGPT 5 whose training will get completed by the end of the year 2023.
- Lack of Emotional Touch – ChatGPT is an AI-powered Chatbot hence, it lacks emotional touch such as anger, happiness, etc. It doesn’t consider this aspect while generating a response. However, there is news that the new version will touch the level of AGI. Though it is just a rumor and we must take it with a grain of sale.
- Unable to understand the Context – Again, it is a machine (a chatbot) and unable to understand the context of the query. It generates responses in a literal sense ignoring the sarcasm.
- Biasness – ChatGPT is trained on certain sets of parameters and sometimes comes up with biased responses.
Which ChatGPT Alternative is Good for Me?
ChatGPT is a great tool and I personally don’t think there is any alternative. What ChatGPT can do, other chatbots can’t and I can say that because I’ve tested many of them.
Yet, if because of reasons, if you can’t use ChatGPT, you need to analyze the need to use a chatbot.
For example, if you are a content writer, you can go for Jasper.AI which will not only help you create useful and engaging content but will also ensure the content is plagiarism-free.
However, if you are trying to use ChatGPT for fun, go for Youchat.
If you don’t have any specific requirements, you can go for BingAI or Google Bard.