This article will help you download the ChatGPT Android app for your Android devices along with a guide to use it, FAQs, and how to remove it.
The Company is going step-by-step and it seems to be a very good step. After the launch of the iOS ChatGPT app on May 26, 2023, OpenAI launched the ChatGPT Android app as well which is available on Google Playstore.
So whether you are an iOS or Android phone user, you don’t need to rely on the web version of the world’s famous AI chatbot to get help.
Just download the ChatGPT Android or iOS app on your mobile phone, post a query, and have a response generated within seconds.
In today’s post, I’ll share how to download the ChatGPT Android app and how to use it along with other useful information.
So, stick around.
The minimum requirement to download the ChatGPT Android app
So finally, android users can also download the most popular ChatGPT AI chatbot on their Android phone and use it when required.
If you are trying to download the ChatGPT Android app on your phone, make sure your Android phone meets the following minimum specs requirements:
- An Android phone with a minimum of 10 GB memory (though the app is very lightweight, it needs sufficient space for proper functioning).
- The phone should run Android version 6.0 or above.
- An e-mail account (if you ever decide to delete your account, you will not be able to create an account with the same e-mail).
- At least 2 GB RAM for smooth functioning of the app.
- Reliable Data connection.
How to Find & Download the ChatGPT Android app?
I am sure if you are an Android user, you must have installed many apps before and installed them as well.
The process is pretty much the same.
So, don’t think you need some special knowledge.
Here are the steps to find and download the ChatGPT Android app.
- Pick up your Android phone.
- Go to apps and open the Google Play store.
- Type “ChatGPT” in the search box & the app will show up in the search results.
- Tap the “ChatGP” app to select it.
- Tap the “Install” button and the installation will start.
- After the installation is done, launch the app to make sure the installation is done properly.
- When the app is launched, it will show the welcome screen with onboarding.
- If you don’t have an account, you can use Google, or Apple account to sign in or use an e-mail account to create a ChatGPT account. However, if you already have a ChatGPT account that you have created before, you can use its credentials to log in to the ChatGPT Android app.
- For the sake of this guide, I’ve selected the “Google” account. Choose the “Continue with Google” option and it will start the login process.
- Next, it will ask for personal information. Fill in the details and hit “continue”
- Once done, you will be ready to use ChatGPT. Type your first query now.
In which countries is the ChatGPT Android app available?
Unlike the ChatGPT iOS app, the Android app was released in many countries altogether.
The iOS app was first released in a few countries like the United States, United Kingdom, etc but the Android app is available in most countries.
To name a few, the United States, United Kingdom, India, Australia, Newzealand etc are some of the countries.
Check the full list of supported countries.
How to Change ChatGPT Email?
It can be a problem because changing e-mail is not allowed.
However, one can choose to delete ChatGPT e-mail from the app which will remove entire ChatGPT data as well such as history, preferences, etc.
Also, if you choose to delete the e-mail, you will not be able to create a new ChatGPT app with the same e-mail address.
So proceed with precautions.
How to use the ChatGPT Android app on your mobile phone
- After successful installation of the ChatGPT android app, launch the app.
- Long press the answer text box and follow the options:
- Select Text
- Good Response
- Bad Response
- Regenerate Response
- Tap three horizontal lines from the left-hand side menu and choose “New Chat” to start a chat.
- Type your query in the text box and press the green arrow to start generating responses.
- Tap the microphone icon to enable speech to text option. Once you press the microphone option, you’ll be presented with three options; “While using the app”, “Only this time” & “Don’t allow”.
How to access & delete History
If you want to access the chat history/responses you have generated previously, you can do that easily on your ChatGPT Android app.
Following these steps to access chat history.
- Open ChatGPT Android app.
- Go to Settings.
- Select “History” and all the chat history will appear.
- From the Chat History, select a chat you want to delete.
- Click vertical three dots, and you will be presented with the option to rename Chat or remove it.
- Choose “Remove” to delete Chat history.
Android App Error & How to Fix it?
This is one of the most common ChatGPT errors that doesn’t spare the web users as well.
Something went wrong in the web version could be fixed easily however on the app, it could appear due to other reasons.
The possible reason for this error is an outdated version of the Google Play Store.
Updating to the latest version may potentially fix this problem.
Follow these steps.
1- Launch Google Play Store.
2- At the top right corner, click the profile icon.
3- Tap Settings.
4- Go to About.
5- Then go to “Play Store version”
6- If the Google Play Store version is updated to the latest version, you will be notified. If not, you’ll be given the option to update to the latest version.